Sticker Side Hustle – Making Money on Etsy
- Find A Niche People Are Passionate About THEME
- Look At The Data (where people are)
- Get A Good Easy Domain Name
- Come Up With Some Good Designs
- Create Store / Blog About The Stickers
- Promote And Sell
Making Money on Etsy with Stickers
1. The video is about a guy named Tim who runs an Etsy shop selling stickers. He made $31,682 in his first year on Etsy.
In the first part of the video, Tim goes over his shop’s performance from August 2020 to August 2021. He had 18,000 visits, 1,476 orders, and a conversion rate of 7.9%. His revenue was $31,682. He saw a significant increase in sales from March to August 2021, making $9,375 in August alone.
In the second part of the video, Tim talks about the equipment he uses to run his shop. He recently bought a second Silhouette cutter, a new printer, and a Pitney Bowes postage meter. The Silhouette cutter helped him double his output and the postage meter saved him time and money on shipping.
In the last part of the video, Tim answers a question about why he doesn’t share his Etsy shop link. He used to share it, but he stopped because people were copying his designs and listings. He wants to help other entrepreneurs in general, but he doesn’t want to make it easier for people to copy his shop.
Overall, the video is about Tim’s experience selling stickers on Etsy. He shares his shop’s performance, the equipment he uses, and why he doesn’t share his shop link. The video is helpful for anyone who is interested in starting an Etsy shop or who wants to learn more about selling stickers online.
According to the video, he made $31,682 in his first year selling stickers on Etsy. His revenue was not consistent throughout the year, but he made the most money in August ($9,375) and the least money in September ($4,923).
Title: $9000 a Month Selling Stickers on Etsy
2. Personal story: Mim Jenkinson, a 44-year-old Etsy seller from Australia, shares how she started selling stickers on Etsy as a hobby after being diagnosed with breast cancer and turned it into a six-figure business1.
• Shop setup: Jenkinson explains how she set up her shop on Etsy, a platform that reaches millions of customers, and how she used marketing strategies such as SEO, social media, and email list to gain sales and feedback2.
• Startup costs: Jenkinson reveals that selling stickers is a very affordable online business model, requiring only a laptop, a design software, a printer, and a sticker paper. She also runs ads on Etsy seasonally to boost her visibility.
• Design tips: Jenkinson offers some tips on how to design stickers, such as having conversations with customers, finding out their needs and preferences, solving problems, and naming stickers with keywords. She also encourages beginners to overcome imposter syndrome and practice their skills.
According to the web search results, Mim Jenkinson, the owner of the Etsy sticker shop Paper Planner Club, made over **$600,000** in 2023 by selling stickers¹. She spends about **15 to 20 hours** per week on her business¹. She also runs courses, an app, a podcast, and business coaching related to sticker making and selling². She started her sticker business as a hobby after being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015¹.
Article: I Make Thousands Selling Stickers on Etsy — Here’s How I Started (businessinsider.com)
3. Here is a summary of the article:
– **Passive income with AI stickers**: The article explains how to make passive income by selling print on demand stickers on Etsy using AI tools and services¹.
– **Finding a niche product**: The article suggests finding a niche product with high search volume and low competition, such as corgi stickers, by using Etsy research tools and design inspiration from successful sellers².
– **Creating AI stickers with Kittl**: The article introduces Kittl, a customizable AI tool for creating and selling sticker designs, and offers a 30-day free trial with code SANDRAJUNE³.
– **Selling stickers on Etsy with Printify**: The article guides the reader through the steps of starting an Etsy shop, using Printify to create and ship stickers, integrating Etsy with Printify for sales and shipping notifications, and creating mockup images with Kittl⁴.
Article: Make Passive Income with AI Stickers on Etsy — Eightify
4. The video is about making money selling stickers on Etsy.
The speaker, Joshua Mayo, starts the video with the claim that you can make $15,000 to $20,000 per month selling stickers on Etsy. He then goes on to explain why stickers are a good product to sell on Etsy and how to create and sell them yourself.
First, he shows how to create sticker designs using a website called KD. KD has a massive library of sticker templates that you can use to easily create your own stickers. You can change the text, colors, and images of the templates to create unique designs.
Once you have created your sticker designs, you can upload them to your Etsy shop. Joshua recommends using high-quality product images that show what your stickers will look like in real life. You can use mockups from websites like unsplash.com to create product images.
When pricing your stickers, you can either sell them individually or in bulk sets. Joshua recommends pricing your stickers similarly to other sticker shops on Etsy.
Once you have your shop set up and your stickers listed, you can wait for sales to come in. Joshua says that it can take 1 to 2 days to get your first sale.
Once you get a sale, you will need to print out the stickers, cut them out, and ship them to your customer. Joshua recommends using vinyl sticker paper for printing your stickers. You can cut them out with scissors or with a cricket machine. You can ship your stickers in a flat mailer or an envelope.
Joshua says that he makes $500 per day selling stickers on Etsy. He also says that he only spends about 30 minutes per day on his Etsy shop.
If you are interested in learning more about how to make money selling stickers on Etsy, Joshua recommends watching part two of his video. In part two, he will show you how to buy additional equipment, create more products, and increase your sales.
5. This video is about how to start a six-figure sticker business from scratch. The speaker uses AI tools to generate ideas and create stickers.
Here are the steps involved in the process:
1. Use ChatGPT to generate a list of image-only sticker ideas.
2. Use Midjourney to generate images based on the sticker ideas.
3. Use Photoshop or Photopea to remove the background from the images.
4. Use Figma to organize the stickers and create mockups.
5. Upload the stickers to a print-on-demand service like Printify.
The speaker also provides some bonus tips, such as multiplying your designs, using text prompts, and taking advantage of bulk uploads.
Overall, this video provides a clear and concise overview of the process of starting a sticker business. The speaker uses a variety of AI tools to make the process as easy as possible, and they also provide some helpful tips for success.
The video is about how much money the owner of Sticker Guru, Lisa, made selling stickers on Etsy during her first year of being a sticker shop.
Lisa started her sticker shop in 2016 when she was 17 years old. She had no prior business or marketing experience, but she was able to make a total of $30,003.73 in her first year.
Lisa’s sales were highest in September, when she made $5,156.62. This was likely due to a birthday sale that she ran. Her sales were also strong in February, when she made $2,751.38, and March, when she made $1,894.30. These months may have been boosted by Etsy sales.
Lisa’s sales were lower in July and August, when she made $1,464.70 and $2,800.39, respectively. This is likely because she did not release any new products during those months. She was also busy preparing to start college in September.
Overall, Lisa’s sales were very strong for her first year of business. She was able to make a good income even though she was not working full-time on her shop. This shows that it is possible to make a good living selling stickers on Etsy, even if you are just starting out.
If you are interested in starting your own sticker shop, Lisa recommends checking out the free webinar that she has linked in the description of the video. She also encourages you to subscribe to her channel for more Sticker Shop content.
Here is a summary of the video:
The video is about the journey of a person who made $150,000 selling stickers. The speaker shares valuable lessons learned throughout the process.
One of the key takeaways is that making money is a skill that can be learned and improved upon. The speaker recommends seeking knowledge from successful people, like athletes and entrepreneurs. He suggests reading books and listening to podcasts to learn from their experiences.
Another important lesson is the importance of practice. The speaker emphasizes that simply acquiring knowledge is not enough. It’s crucial to put that knowledge into practice and take action. This involves trying new things, experimenting, and learning from failures.
The speaker also highlights the importance of reflection. He encourages viewers to analyze their results and see what’s working and what’s not. This continuous feedback loop helps in improving strategies and making better decisions.
Standing out from the crowd is another piece of advice shared in the video. The speaker suggests finding a niche and offering something unique that resonates with the target audience. He cites examples of successful companies like Nike and Apple that differentiated themselves through innovative products and marketing strategies.
The video also emphasizes the importance of building and selling. It’s not enough to just have a great product or service; you also need to know how to market and sell it effectively. The speaker shares his own experience of focusing too much on building products without promoting them, which led to missed opportunities.
Finally, the speaker encourages viewers to start small and set achievable goals. He believes that accumulating small wins and building proof over time is more effective than aiming for huge accomplishments right away.
Overall, the video offers valuable insights and practical tips for anyone who wants to make money online or start their own business. The speaker’s emphasis on learning, taking action, and continuous improvement provides a roadmap for success in any entrepreneurial endeavor.
8. Here is a summary of the video:
The video is about the owner of a new Etsy shop sharing her revenue and statistics for her second month of selling digital products.
The owner made $2,294 in revenue in her second month on Etsy. Her biggest day was October 4th, when she made $145. Her conversion rate was 11.9%.
The owner also shared some of her challenges and learnings. She mentioned that her sales have gone down in the past week, and she is considering running more ads. She also mentioned that Etsy fees are high, and she is looking into other ways to sell her products.
Overall, the video is a positive and motivating look at the owner’s experience selling digital products on Etsy. She is still learning and growing, but she is making good progress.
9. This video is a tutorial on how to make and sell stickers on Etsy using Kittle, a design tool that uses AI to generate graphics. The speaker, Anji Martin, shows how she created a sticker listing that is estimated to generate $1500 per month in profit.
Here are the steps involved:
1. Find a profitable niche: Anji recommends using a tool like Sale Samurai to find keywords that people are searching for on Etsy. She chose “fat frog sticker” as her niche because it has 200 searches per month and only 96 competing listings.
2. Design your sticker: Anji used Kittle to create a sticker of a cute frog sitting on books with flowers. You can use any image you like, or you can pay someone to design one for you.
3. Create a listing on Etsy: Anji includes all of the relevant information in her listing, such as the title, description, tags, and keywords. She also creates a mock-up of the sticker using Canva.
4. Set your prices: Anji charges $6 for her sticker and $3.50 for shipping. She estimates that her profit per sticker is $2.79, but it will be higher if people buy multiple stickers.
5. Use a print-on-demand service: Anji uses Printify to print and ship her stickers. This means that she doesn’t have to hold any inventory herself.
6. Promote your listing: Anji recommends using social media and other marketing channels to drive traffic to your Etsy listing.
Anji says that she doesn’t need any design skills or an audience to sell stickers on Etsy. All you need is a good niche, a catchy design, and a willingness to put in the work.
Here are some additional tips from the video:
• Use high-quality images for your stickers.
• Offer good customer service.
• Run sales and promotions to attract buyers.
• Be patient. It takes time to build a successful Etsy shop.
10. Here is a summary of the video:
The video is about a young man who shares his experience selling stickers on Etsy for the past year and a half. He started in August 2020 and has had ups and downs since then.
The first few months were exciting for him. He made a few hundred dollars a month, which wasn’t life-changing, but it was enough to buy him some Pokemon cards and other little things. He learned a lot about running an Etsy shop during this time, from SEO and Etsy ads to product photography. He also realized that he could make extra money doing something he enjoys.
Things got crazy in the beginning of 2021. His sales doubled every few months, reaching $9,000 in August. He thought he would be a millionaire soon and considered scaling his business by buying expensive equipment and hiring employees. However, the stress of keeping up with the workload and the pressure to maintain the growth rate became overwhelming. He had no time for himself or his social life.
Looking back, he’s glad he didn’t scale his business too quickly because it would have been a waste of money. His sales slowed down significantly in the last four months of 2021. Instead of blaming Etsy or the economy, he learned to focus on what he could control. He started another store off Etsy and improved his existing one. He also changed his mindset, reminding himself that he was still making good money and this was a long-term game.
The video ends with the YouTuber encouraging viewers to start their own Etsy shops if they have an idea. He emphasizes that there will always be reasons not to do something, but the internet provides an amazing opportunity to start a business from your phone or laptop. He also promises to share his YouTube income in the next video.
Overall, the video is a personal story about the challenges and rewards of running an Etsy shop. The YouTuber is open and honest about his mistakes and what he learned from them. If you’re thinking about starting your own Etsy shop, this video is worth watching for its insights and encouragement.
In the vast e-commerce landscape, Etsy emerges as a haven for creative minds and budding entrepreneurs. Boasting nearly 90 million potential buyers, Etsy beckons small business owners and artistic individuals to monetize their products. Whether considering a side hustle or contemplating a full-fledged career, this guide unveils the intricacies of thriving in the Etsy marketplace.
Etsy, a unique online marketplace, has evolved beyond its origins to become a dynamic platform that caters to handmade, vintage, and craft items. With a staggering 90 million active buyers in 2023, of which 40% are loyal return customers, the platform offers an unparalleled stage for artists and creators. This report delves into the nuances of Etsy, covering everything from the platform’s evolution to setting up shop and creating a successful marketing strategy.
Etsy Statistics (2023)
Revenue (Q3 2022)
The Evolution of Etsy
While Etsy traditionally championed handmade goods, its evolution allows creative entrepreneurs to succeed without physically crafting items. Third-party manufacturers like Printful can be utilized, but Etsy mandates sellers to demonstrate their involvement in the creative process.
Popular Etsy Product Categories
Apparel ranging from handmade garments to customizable pieces.
Handcrafted jewelry, both vintage and modern.
Original artwork and prints, appealing to art enthusiasts.
A popular and customizable product category, ideal for creative entrepreneurs.
Accessible digital products, from art prints to planners.
Exploring Product Diversity
Etsy accommodates various products, from clothing and jewelry to art, stickers, and digital downloads. The guide delves into popular categories, providing insights and selling strategies for each.
Advantages of Starting an Etsy Shop
Starting an Etsy shop has many advantages, including access to a large existing audience, simplified payment processes, lower initial costs compared to self-hosting, and the option to integrate it with other sales channels for a diversified approach.
Etsy Shop Advantages
Large Audience Access
Tap into a pool of 90 million potential buyers.
Enjoy streamlined payment processes for seamless transactions.
Lower Initial Costs
Save on initial setup costs compared to self-hosting platforms.
Diversified Sales Channels
Integrate Etsy with other sales channels for a broader market reach.
What is Print on Demand (POD)?
Print-on-demand is not just a business model; it’s a revolution in how individuals and small businesses bring their designs to life. Unlike traditional methods, where creators bear the burden of inventory and fulfillment, POD allows you to design products, and a third party takes care of the printing and shipping. This model eliminates the need for significant upfront investments and provides a risk-free way to test the market.
In the realm of Print on Demand, success hinges on mastering the intricacies of the business model. Let’s delve deeper into the critical components of the Print on Demand process.
Explanation of POD Business Model
Print on Demand operates on a simple premise: design, print, and fulfill. As a creator, your primary role is conceptualizing and creating compelling designs. Once these designs are uploaded to a POD platform, the responsibility for printing and shipping shifts to a third-party service. This model eliminates the need for inventory management and ensures that products are created only when an order is placed, minimizing waste and costs.
Key Components of POD
- Designing: The heart of the POD business lies in captivating designs. Creators can use graphic design tools like Adobe Illustrator or Canva to bring their ideas to life. The key is to create designs that resonate with a target audience, considering factors like trends, themes, and customer preferences.
- Printing: Selecting the suitable Print on Demand service is crucial for quality and reliability. Platforms like Printful, Printify, and Gooten offer a range of printing options, from stickers to apparel. Ensuring the chosen service aligns with your product range and quality standards is essential for a successful POD venture.
- Fulfillment: Once a customer orders, the POD service takes care of production and shipping. Efficient fulfillment is a cornerstone of customer satisfaction, so choosing a reliable POD partner is paramount.
Advantages of POD for Individuals and Small Businesses
The Print on Demand model brings several advantages to the table, making it an attractive option for individuals and small businesses:
- Low Risk: Traditional business models often require significant upfront investments in inventory. With POD, creators can start with minimal investment, as products are only created when an order is received.
- Global Reach: POD platforms often have global fulfillment centers, enabling creators to reach a worldwide audience without the hassle of international shipping logistics.
- Diverse Product Range: Beyond stickers, POD platforms offer many products to showcase your designs, including t-shirts, mugs, and phone cases. Diversifying your product range can help capture a broader market.
For stocking your Etsy shop, including a POD service, such as Printful, is recommended. This integration handles fulfillment and shipping, offering white-label products without additional logos.
Overview of Etsy as a Sticker Marketplace
Etsy, a global e-commerce platform, is a haven for creators seeking a platform to showcase and sell their art. With a specific focus on handmade, vintage, and unique items, Etsy provides an ideal space for artists to connect with a niche audience. With their universal appeal, stickers have found a booming market on Etsy, making it a prime destination for anyone looking to sell their creative designs.
- Designing Stickers for Etsy: With your Etsy shop in place, it’s time to shift focus to the heart of your business—designing captivating stickers.
- Identifying Niche Markets and Target Audiences: Understanding your target audience is the key to a successful sticker business. Identify niche markets that align with your artistic style. Whether it’s cute animal stickers, motivational quotes, or niche fandoms, catering to specific interests can set your shop apart.
- Using Graphic Design Tools for Sticker Creation: Invest time in mastering graphic design tools to elevate the quality of your stickers. Adobe Illustrator, Procreate, and Canva are popular choices among creators. Experiment with different styles and techniques to find what resonates with your audience.
- Importance of High-Quality and Unique Designs: In a sea of online offerings, quality and uniqueness are your greatest allies. Ensure your designs stand out by maintaining high standards of creativity and originality. Conduct market research to identify trends, but infuse your distinctive flair to make your stickers unique.
- Printing and Production: Once your designs are ready, it’s time to bring them to life through the printing and production process.
Growing Popularity of POD and Etsy Stickers
The popularity of Print on Demand and Etsy stickers has surged in recent years, driven by the rise of independent artists and the growing demand for personalized, unique products. As consumers increasingly seek one-of-a-kind items, combining POD and Etsy is a powerful gateway for creators to transform their passion into a sustainable income stream.
Setting Up Your Etsy Shop
Setting up an Etsy shop involves more than just creating an account. It’s a pivotal step that requires attention to detail, understanding the platform’s dynamics, and making strategic decisions.
- Etsy Shop Registration: Creating an Etsy account is the first step towards establishing your presence on the platform. The registration process is user-friendly, requiring basic information such as a shop name, email, and password. This simplicity ensures that even those with minimal technical expertise can navigate the initial setup smoothly.
- Listing Products: Once registered, the next crucial step is listing your products. This involves creating engaging and informative product listings. High-quality photos, compelling product descriptions, and accurate pricing increase your items’ visibility and appeal. Etsy encourages sellers to showcase their creativity not only in their products but also in the way they present them to potential buyers.
- Business Aspects: Addressing business-related aspects is paramount for a successful Etsy shop. This includes obtaining necessary licenses, understanding tax obligations, and factoring in various fees associated with selling on the platform. Sellers must research and comply with local regulations to ensure a seamless and legally sound operation.
- Thoughtful Branding: Customizing your Etsy storefront with attention to branding details is crucial. Banners, store information, policies, and FAQs contribute to creating a professional impression. Etsy allows sellers to inject their brand personality into the shop, fostering a connection with potential buyers.
- Etsy SEO Optimization: Optimizing Etsy’s search engine (SEO) is critical to setting up a shop. Thorough keyword research and strategic placement within your product listings enhance your shop’s visibility, making it easier for potential buyers to discover your creations.
- Shipping Considerations: Understanding shipping logistics is essential for a seamless customer experience. Accurate and transparent information regarding shipping costs, delivery times, and potential delays builds trust with buyers. Etsy provides tools and guidelines to help sellers navigate the intricacies of shipping.
Etsy Shop Setup Checklist
Etsy Shop Registration
Create an Etsy account with basic information.
Craft engaging product listings with high-quality images, compelling descriptions, and accurate pricing.
Address licensing and tax obligations and factor in fees for accurate pricing. Research and comply with local regulations.
Customize your Etsy storefront with banners, store information, policies, and FAQs to create a professional impression.
Etsy SEO Optimization
Conduct thorough keyword research and strategically incorporate keywords into your product listings for improved visibility.
Understand shipping logistics, provide accurate information on costs and delivery times, and navigate potential delays.
Pricing and Listing on Etsy
Setting the right price for your stickers is a delicate balance that involves understanding market dynamics and positioning your brand competitively.
- Determining Competitive Pricing Strategies: Research similar products on Etsy to gauge the competitive pricing landscape. Consider factors like sticker size, complexity of design, and material quality when setting your prices. While competitive pricing is essential, don’t undervalue your work—factor in the time and effort invested in each design.
- Writing Compelling Product Descriptions: A well-crafted product description goes beyond listing features. Use storytelling to convey the inspiration behind each design, creating a connection with potential buyers. Include details about your stickers’ size, material, and unique characteristics.
- Utilizing Keywords for Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Etsy operates on a search-based algorithm, making effective use of keywords crucial for visibility. Identify relevant design keywords and incorporate them naturally into your product titles, descriptions, and tags. This boosts the likelihood of your stickers appearing in relevant searches.
- Marketing and Promotion: With your shop set up and products listed, it’s time to amplify your reach through strategic marketing and promotion.
- Leveraging Social Media for Product Promotion: Social media is a powerful tool for marketing your Etsy shop. Create accounts on platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook to showcase your designs. Engage with your audience, participate in relevant communities, and use visually appealing content to drive traffic to your Etsy shop.
- Participating in Etsy Communities and Forums: Etsy has a vibrant community of sellers and buyers. Engage with this community by participating in forums, discussions, and groups relevant to your niche. Share insights, seek advice, and build relationships with fellow creators and potential customers.
- Implementing Promotions, Discounts, and Bundles: Boost sales with promotional strategies. Offer limited-time discounts, create bundles for thematic sticker sets, or run special promotions during holidays. These tactics drive sales and develop a sense of urgency among buyers.
- Managing Orders and Customer Service: Efficient order management and excellent customer service are essential for building a positive reputation and repeat business.
Etsy Income Report
Delving into Etsy’s financials provides a comprehensive understanding of the platform’s revenue dynamics. The income report sheds light on the profitability potential for sellers, offering valuable insights for entrepreneurs looking to gauge the returns from their Etsy ventures.
- Q3 2022 Revenue: Etsy reported robust revenue of $594.5 million in the third quarter of 2022. This substantial figure not only highlights the financial health of the platform but also underscores the lucrative nature of the marketplace for sellers. The revenue report is a testament to Etsy’s vast economic opportunities for creative entrepreneurs.
Implications for Sellers
The income report indicates a thriving ecosystem for individuals contemplating or already engaged in Etsy selling. The substantial revenue showcases Etsy’s user base’s purchasing power and suggests a healthy demand for unique, handmade, and craft products. Entrepreneurs can leverage this information to strategize and optimize their offerings for maximum profitability.
Analyzing Etsy’s income reports can reveal seasonal trends, helping sellers prepare for peak demand. Understanding when certain products experience heightened interest allows sellers to tailor their strategies, ensuring they capitalize on lucrative market moments.
The consistency of Etsy’s revenue figures over time underscores the platform’s long-term viability. For sellers aspiring to establish a sustainable and profitable business, Etsy’s financial stability provides a sense of security and confidence in the potential for ongoing success.
Challenges and Tips for Success
While the journey of print-on-demand and Etsy stickers is exciting, it comes with challenges. Let’s address common obstacles and provide tips for navigating them.
Addressing Common Challenges in POD and Etsy
- Competition: The online marketplace is saturated, and standing out can be challenging. Focus on niche markets, unique designs, and effective marketing to overcome competition.
- Quality Control: Ensuring consistent print quality is crucial. Regularly order samples from your POD service to assess the quality of your products.
- Shipping Concerns: Keep customers informed about shipping times and potential delays. Choose a POD service with reliable shipping options to minimize logistical issues.
Tips for Optimizing Time Management and Efficiency
- Batch Designing: Create designs in batches to streamline the uploading process and maintain a consistent product release schedule.
- Outsource Non-Creative Tasks: Delegate tasks like customer service and order tracking to save time for designing and growing your business.
- Set Realistic Goals: Establish achievable goals for your business, whether a monthly sales target or expanding your product range. Realistic goals keep you focused and motivated.
Staying Updated on Market Trends and Adapting Strategies
- Follow Industry Trends: Stay informed about emerging design trends, popular themes, and changes in consumer preferences. Adapt your designs and marketing strategies accordingly.
- Attend Virtual Events: Participate in virtual events, webinars, and conferences related to e-commerce and design. Networking with industry professionals and fellow creators can provide valuable insights.
- Regularly Evaluate and Pivot: Be willing to pivot your strategies based on performance data. If certain products or marketing channels are underperforming, reassess and make data-driven decisions.
In conclusion, Etsy is a beacon for creative entrepreneurs, offering an expansive marketplace and countless opportunities. Whether you’re venturing into sticker businesses, exploring the world of print-on-demand, or navigating the diverse categories within Etsy, this guide equips you with the knowledge and strategies needed to thrive in the vibrant Etsy ecosystem. Unleash your creativity, set up your shop precisely, and let Etsy be the canvas for your entrepreneurial masterpiece.